This makes a great dinner side dish that I love cooking when the weather starts to get cooler, and can make a great addition to any holiday dinner such as Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- 4-6 potatoes (Russet or baking)
- 3-4 Garlic sprouts, sliced
- 5-8 Button mushrooms, sliced vertically
- 5 tbsp butter OR olive oil OR both
- dash of salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic & herb seasoning
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary (or basil, thyme, parsley)
- Preheat oven to 375
- Slice potatoes into thin circles.
- Brush oil onto the bottom of a bread baking dish
- Arrange potatoes vertically stacked beside each other into 2 rows
- Sprinkle with sliced garlic sprouts and mushrooms, wedging some of them in between the potatoes
- Brush the potatoes with the remaining oil
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, seasoning and fresh herbs
- Bake 45 minutes or until potatoes are fully cooked.