Cheap plastic masks can be picked up at most dollar or department stores. With a few techniques, these masks can easily be turned into authentic artistic scary creations.
How to make your own Zombie masks:
- Try to sand off as much paint or sparkles that the mask came with. Paint it white with gesso or acrylic.
- Mix some red and white and a bit of yellow to make a fleshy tone. Paint the mask with this colour.
- Make a rotting skin colour wash by mixing some olive green acrylic with yellow ochre. Use water to keep the wash thin, then paint over the flesh tone.
- Once its dry, use a thick dry brush to lightly dab some left over green/yellow mix to highlight some areas around the mask.
- Mix some permanent rose colour with a bit of yellow and a touch of cerulean blue hue to make a good blood colour. Dab this onto the mask in desired areas. Create thin lines to make the impression of cuts.
- Mix a bit of black with the red and dab lightly onto the blood spots/cuts on the mask to give the blood some dimension.
- Once everything is dry, use some more black paint to create stitches over the cuts.
- Put the masks up on the wall to scare away the dead!